Stories In Stripes
The inspiration of this series came to me while I was committed myself to a serious self-practice in the course of a month one year ago. As routine is not my favorite thing, finding the drive to practice yoga and meditation daily and rigorously has been a challenge through the years. It became more interesting when I decided to add the creative element, or little I knew that it was called ‘channeling’’.
Waking up early, I would start my day with an asana and a meditation practice, followed by a drawing session. Line after line, after line, my pen would go ways into my notebook and I would let it happen. The shapes then became objects and slowly I gave them meanings. I happily realized there were stories, my stories from my past
Later on, when bringing the lines into canvas, it became even closer and more intimate. It was like a revelation to see the connection even clearer.
As someone beautifully mentioned these stories represent “my soul dancing out of the prison of rules”.
I like to share my artwork with you. You might be able to discover your own meanings through the lines, through the shapes of my work. Enjoy!
1. Flirt – A story about how my parents met and fell in love with each other.
2. Union - There seems to be a balance and symmetry when the feminine and the masculine come together and procreate in a love story setting. I like to believe this is where I came from.
3. Birth – One of the most special moments between my mother and I, the way I remember it.
4. Family Dynamics – A family has its own style of coexistence and looks a certain way from the outside. Sometimes, the strengths and roles are reversed and that’s what keeps it balanced and together.
5. Alone – Being alone can be a moment of emptiness or fulfillment. I like sharing. I choose togetherness.
6. Fitting in – When we stop trying to fit into someone else’s world, we free ourselves to create our own world.
7. Searching – When you feel trapped and you know that this is not it, that there is a long way to yourself. You begin to search and that is when your real journey starts.
8. Pulse – Life always sends you pulses when you chance upon things you resonate with. You can ignore them for a long time, but eventually they will call on you to take action.
9. One – A story of two souls meeting in the right place at the right time, feeling as one.
10. The journey – When you are true to yourself and on the right path things start to flow and life unfolds in beautiful ways.
Contact Me for details on purchasing
Return to My World